CAT 2021: Result, Score Card, IIM Call, Cut off, Colleges
CAT 2021 Exam Analysis: Key Highlights
- CAT 2021 Exam was held on November 28, 2021 in 3 slots in Morning, Afternoon and Evening
- Exam duration was of 2 hours for each slot
- Total Questions in CAT 2021were 66 as compared to 76 last year
- Quantitative and DILR sections were slightly easier than last year
- Total MCQs with negative marking were 48
- Total Non MCQs without Negative Marking were 18
- VARC was the highest weightage Section with 24 Ques out of 66 total Questions
- Overall CAT 2021 was slightly easier than last year’s Slot 1 paper
- 99 Percentile expected at 97-100 score
CAT 2021 Paper Pattern
Across the 3 slots CAT 2021 exam remained on following pattern
|CAT 2021 exam components||Total MCQs (With negative marking)||Total Non-MCQs (TITA Qs Without negative marking)||Total Questions|
|Section-1: Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC) (Time limit: 40 Minutes)||19||5||24|
|Section-2: Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) (Time Limit: 40 Minutes)||15||5||20|
|Section-3: Quantitative Ability (QA) (Time Limit: 40 Minutes)||14||8||22|
|Total (Overall) (Time limit: 120 Minutes)||48||18||66|
Want updated exams details in your inbox? Submit details.
What is Distance MBA?
Distance MBA course is a flexible and affordable Government recognized MBA programme which does not require you to attend regular daily classes. So, if you are unable to pursue full time MBA for lack of time or due to high cost, Distance MBA Education is a good option. The Top Distance MBA colleges in India offer offline Correspondence MBA, Online MBA or a combination of two in Distance Learning mode. Distance education, including Distance MBA, is controlled by University Grants Commission (UGC) which is working to improve the quality and better governance in this sector.
Types of Distance MBA Colleges
Ministry of HRD, Government of India, has recognized six types of institutions to offer Distance Education and Distance MBA in India:
1. Distance MBA offered by National Open University or IGNOU
2. Distance MBA offered by State Open Universities
3. Distance Education Institutions (DEIs) at Institutions of National Importance
– Central Universities
– State Universities
– Deemed to be Universities
– State Private Universities
4. Distance MBA offered by DEIs at stand-alone Institutions
– Professional Associations
– Government Institutions
– Private institutions
Best Distance MBA Colleges in India
Some of the best Distance MBA colleges in India are:
- NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education
- Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL)
- IMT-Centre for Distance Learning (IMT-CDL) Ghaziabad
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
- Sikkim Manipal University- Distance Education, Sikkim…..Read More
Key Benefits of Distance MBA
If you are still having doubts, Distance MBA Programs offers a lot of benefits and advantages for students and working professionals. Key benefits are:
- Effective Time Management: Distance MBA offers flexibility of time and pace over regular MBA. It is well suited for people, who due to time, money or other constraints cannot afford to do full time MBA.
- Power of education technology, direct to your home: Distance MBA education has greatly benefited from the rise of communication and education technology. Even premier Universities and B-schools such as MIT and Harvard Business School use education technology to deliver programs across the world. Further, MOOCs and platforms such as Coursera, Edex and Udacity have removed the stigma associated with distance education.
- Cost effective Option: One of the biggest advantages of the Distance MBA programmes is its low fee structure. While a regular MBA can cost you anywhere in between 5-15 Lakhs, good Distance MBA Programs fee ranges from Rs 75,000 to Rs 1.5 lakhs.
- Industry relevant curriculum: Best Distance MBA institutes like NMIMS University, Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning and IMT CDL are well aware of changing business environment and hence offer an updated and industry relevant curriculum to the students.
- Recognized by Regulatory Bodies: Distance MBA offered by recognized MBA colleges are approved by UGC’s Distance Education Bureau (DEB). You can check about the status of approval of any distance MBA program by visiting DEB website……Read More
Distance MBA Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility for Distance MBA varies according to the institute and duration of the program. However, the common 2 year Distance MBA Eligibility Criteria are:
- Bachelor’s degree/ graduation from a recognized University
- A valid score in any of MBA entrance exam like State Level MBA/ MMS-CET/ MAT/ CMAT/ CAT/ ATMA/ XAT or equivalent management entrance test.
- Some colleges conduct their own entrance test if you don’t have any other test score
- Work Experience is preferred, but it is not an essential requirement